Policy on Respectful Dialogue
The 9th Canadian Conference on Ovarian Cancer Research welcomes a wide diversity of researchers, clinicians, affiliated health professionals and industry partners every two years. Participants are encouraged to keep criticism constructive, and avoid personal attacks. Debate of ideas is encouraged, allowing delegates to enjoy a lively and stimulating conference.
Policy on Social Media Use
We encourage the use of social media before, during, and after the conference in order to share information and to network with others. However, we ask all conference participants to adhere to the following social media guidelines:
- Blog or tweet about what you are hearing and learning, but refrain from sharing information when the speaker explicitly requests this. Talks are tweetable and shareable by default, but speakers can request that specific details or slides not be shared.
- Whenever possible, use the hashtag #ccocr18 to discuss the conference.
- Converse and network with other attendees before, during, and after the conference.
- Provide feedback to the conference committees, we encourage participants to post and discuss topics of interest as well as ideas for future meetings.
- Communicate with respect and consideration for others, keeping criticism constructive.
- Do not engage in rudeness or personal attacks.
Policy on Gender Equality
The 9th Canadian Conference on Ovarian Cancer Research strives to achieve gender representation in line with the gender balance in our research community at varying career stages. The conference aims to achieve this by gender balance throughout the organization of the scientific program planning process.
Expected Gender Statistics
|Local Committee||71% (5)||29% (2)|
|National Committee||47% (7)||53% (8)|
|Scientific Committee||64% (7)||36% (4)|
|Speakers – Plenary||57% (4)||43% (3)|
|Session Chairs||83% (10)||17% (2)|
|Abstract Presenters||48% (39)||52% (42)|
|All Delegates||29% (57)||71% (143)|
Delegates unable to attend the 9th Canadian Conference on Ovarian Cancer Research after having paid their registration fees, must provide a written request for their refund (less 25% administrative charges) on or before April 1, 2018. The 9th CCOCR regrets that requests received after this date will not be considered. All approved refunds will be issued after the Conference.
An abstract presenter, whose abstract has been rejected, may ask for a full refund until April 1, 2018.